Martha – Tilly and The Buttons
4 in stock
The Martha dress is a contemporary update on the fit-and-flare style. It features a high neck band, flattering princess seam panels, a bias-cut flared skirt and closes with an invisible zip at centre back. Choose from short sleeves or three-quarter length bell sleeves, with knee-length or mini hemline. It’s great for twirling!
Wear Martha to work or to play, with sunglasses and wedges in the Summer, or with knitted tights and boots in the winter.
Like all Tilly and the Buttons sewing patterns, Martha includes easy-to-follow instructions with photos showing you how to sew each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
SKILL LEVEL – Improvers
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Light- to medium-weight fabrics, such as viscose (rayon), silk or polyester crêpe de chine, cotton lawn, chambray, broderie anglaise, double knit with little stretch, lighter weight wool. Avoid directional prints as the skirt is cut on the bias (at an angle). How about adding a lace trim to the bodice or piping the princess seams?
- Fabric – Mini length – 2.9m (3 1/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide / 3.5m (3 7/8 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide; Knee length – 3.4m (3 3/4 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide / 4.2m (4 5/8 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide (0.2m / ¼ yard less for short sleeve version)
- Matching thread
- 56cm (22in) invisible zip
- 0.25m (1/4 yard) iron-on interfacing – similar weight to your fabric
- For collar: 1 rounded or fabric-covered button + elasticated hair band or 8cm (3in) piece of narrow ribbon
- Sewing machine and basic tools, including an invisible zip foot